NO PURCHASE OR TEXT MESSAGE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE OR TEXT MESSAGE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void in States other than Texas and elsewhere where prohibited.
1. Eligibility: The NYC FOR NYE Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes” or “Promotion”) is offered and open only to persons who are legal United States residents residing in the State of Texas age 18 and older who have a valid Texas driver’s license at time of entry and have never been charged with a DWI/DUI (or similar) infraction. (“Entrant” or “Participant”) qualifications: employees, officers and directors of the Texas Department of Transportation (“Sponsor”), Katz Communications, Inc. (“Administrator”), and each of their respective parents, affiliates and/or subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, web masters, digital and web suppliers, and wireless carriers / participating wireless providers, as well as other agencies of the government of the State of Texas and the immediate family members (mother, father, brother, sister, daughter, son, or spouse, regardless of where they live) and persons living in the same household of each of such persons (whether or not related), are not eligible. By participating, Entrant agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
2. Sweepstakes Period: Sweepstakes begins 12:01 AM CST on December 1, 2013 and ends at 11:59 PM CST on December 22, 2013. The Sweepstakes database is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. To Participate and Submit Entries: There are 4 ways to participate, by Text Message and on-line at www.holidaysoberride.com, on-line via Twitter and completing a pledge card in-person at Sober Ride Sleigh outreach events.
To enter using your cell phone:
1. Text message entry (“text”) requires 2-way text messaging capable phone and digital service.
2. To begin, text the keyword SOBERRIDE to 42330 on your mobile phone (also referred to as cell phone or cellular phone). Your cell phone number and wireless service provider/carrier will automatically be captured in the database and will be used in accordance with the Texas Department of Transportation’s Privacy and Security Policy accessible via www.txdot.gov. Every time you text SOBERRIDE to 42330: (i) you will be confirming that you have had access to, have read, and are agreeing to the Official Rules, (ii) you understand that no purchase is necessary, (iii) and you understand that you will receive one entry per text into the Sweepstakes (if entry is eligible as per these Official Rules). For entries to be valid, the text message must be received and recorded by the Sweepstakes database.
3. Each Text Message Participant will receive a reply text containing a link to a mobile website. To finalize entry, Participant must click through to the site at www.holidaysoberride.com and play the “scratch off” game (“the Game”). (See section 7 for more information on playing the Game).
4. While text message entry is designed to work with most major wireless carriers, neither Sponsor nor any other person or entity makes any guarantee that any particular wireless service provider will be compatible with this Promotion. Administrator in its sole discretion may add or delete a wireless carrier at any time, and without notice. Text messaging may not be available in all areas. Wireless service providers may charge Participants a fee under their cellular service contract or service provider agreement for each text message that is sent and received in connection with the Promotion and promotional messages or offers. Entrants may incur text-messaging charges in connection with attempted entries, offers and messages and corresponding error or other messages even if their attempted entry or message does not go through because of connectivity or other problems. Participants are solely responsible for all fees incurred through their wireless phone service for text messages associated with participation in this Promotion.
5. Each message sent to a Text Message Participant will contain the method by which a Text Message Participant can opt out from receiving further messages, specifically, by text messaging the word STOP or QUIT to 42330.
6. All valid entries will receive a text message confirming entry. If you are selected as a potential prize winner and entered via text, you will receive a text message and/or phone call advising that you are a potential winner. This message will also contain instructions on how to contact the Administrator to claim your prize. If Administrator is not able to contact you or is not able to verify your eligibility for any reason, you forfeit all claims to the prize and an alternate will be selected.
To Participate On-line
7. To participate on-line, access http://www.holidaysoberride.com (“Sweepstakes site”). Follow the instructions to play the Game. When the Game has ended, complete the online entry form by entering the requested information. Playing the Game will not be considered an entry into the Sweepstakes. All Participants will “match” images on the game card. You must complete the online form to be entered into the Sweepstakes prize drawing. If you are selected as a potential prize winner and entered on-line, you will be contacted via the phone number you provided at the time of entry and informed as to how to claim your prize. Administrator will make a minimum of one (1) and a maximum of three (3) attempts to contact you. If Administrator is not able to contact you or is not able to verify your eligibility for any reason, you forfeit all claims to the prize and an alternate will be selected.
To Participate On-line via Twitter
8. Sign in to your Twitter account. If you do not have an account, visit www.twitter.com to create one. Twitter accounts are free. All terms and conditions of Twitter.com apply. Once logged into your Twitter account, “follow” the TXDOT Twitter site located at https://twitter.com/TxDOT (aka @TXDOT). Tweet the your pledge to have a sober ride to @TXDOT with #SOBERRIDE. Sample pledge: “I pledge to have a #soberride this holiday season @TXDOT”
9. To count as a valid entry, Tweet cannot be modified, supplemented or amended in any way. Limit 1 entry per person/per profile per day to enter via Twitter. Any person found to be using multiple Twitter accounts to enter will be declared ineligible to win. Twitter is not a sponsor nor participant in this Sweepstakes and makes no endorsement, either express or implied, in connection with this Sweepstakes.
To Participate via Pledge Card at Sober Ride Sleigh Events
10. The Sober Ride Sleigh outreach tour will be traveling across Texas from December 3, 2013 through December 21, 2013. Visitors to outreach events can fill out a pledge card on-site and turn in to outreach staff to be entered into the contest. See Addendum for a list of event locations and dates. (Dates, locations and time subject to change.)
For All Four Methods of Participation
No other forms of participation are valid. PARTICIPATION BY TEXT MESSAGE, ON-LINE VIA SWEEPSTAKES SITE, ON-LIVE VIA TWITTER, IN-PERSON VIA PLEDGE CARD OR ALL FOUR WILL HAVE NO AFFECT ON THE CHANCE TO WIN. There is no limit on the number of entries an individual may submit however, each text message or on-line entry must be manually key stroked by the entrant. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party, bot or like registration or entry methods will void all such registrations and entries, and any participant using any such method will be disqualified. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
4. PRIZING and ODDS:
One (1) Grand Prize trip for 2 (two) to New York City consisting of: Roundtrip coach class airfare for 2 (two) from the major airport nearest the winner’s home to New York City. Roundtrip airport/hotel transfers in New York City via private sedan. 2 (two) night’s hotel accommodations in New York City at a Marriott, Hilton or similar property. 1 (one) night’s dinner for 2 (two) at a noted New York City restaurant. 2 (two) tickets for the Broadway show of the winner’s choosing (based upon availability). Approximate Retail Value of total prize is $5,350.
One (1) Runner Up Prize consisting of limousine transportation on New Year’s Eve. Approximate Retail Value of Runner Up prize is $1,000.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: If the winner cannot accept the prize as stated, prize will be forfeited in its entirety and, at Sponsor’s/Administrator’s discretion, awarded to an alternate winner. No assignment, transfer or substitution, or cash redemption of prize is permitted, but Sponsor/Administrator reserve the right to substitute the prize with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All income, federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the prize.
Grand Prize Trip is subject to restrictions. Winner and travel guest must travel on same itinerary. The winner may choose to travel 12/30/13-1/1/14 OR 12/31/13-1/2/14. Winner and guest must travel on one of the specified dates, no other travel dates are available. If Winner (or guest) is unable to travel on designated dates, prize will be forfeited in its entirety. All meals, taxes, gratuities and other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Runner Up Prize limousine transportation will be in the Texas city of the Winner’s choosing. Prize will be coordinated with Winner upon confirmation of eligibility. Limousine transportation is good only on December 31, 2013 – January 1, 2014. If Winner is unable to use the prize on this date, prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
Sweepstakes Drawing: The potential Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing from amongst all eligible entries received ON December 23, 2013. Drawing will be conducted by Katz Communications, Inc., independent judges. Potential Prize winners may be required to undergo a background check to ensure that he/she has never been charged with a DWI/DUI (or similar) infraction. By entering the Sweepstakes, if selected as a potential prize winner, entrant agrees to cooperate fully in the conduct of the background check and to be bound by its results. Potential Grand Prize winner and his/her travel guest will be required to complete, sign, have notarized and return an Affidavit, a Liability Release, and where lawful a Publicity Release within 24 hours of notification. Runner Up winner will be required to complete, sign, have notarized and return an Affidavit, a Liability Release, and where lawful a Publicity Release within 24 hours of notification. If documents are not returned timely, or if the prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from amongst all remaining eligible entries received. Winners will be announced on or before December 31, 2013.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participants agree (a) that Sponsor, Administrator, their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, as well as other agencies of the government of the State of Texas and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (individually and collectively “Releasees”) are released, will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by Participants against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise) of any kind (whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive) to person(s), including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize or participation in this Sweepstakes and (b) winner, by acceptance of the prize, grants (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) permission to Sponsor and those acting under its authority the right to the use of his/her name, picture, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements, at any time or times, in perpetuity, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Without in any way limiting the foregoing, Releasees make no representation, warranty or guarantee of any kind regarding the prize.
6. LIABILITY LIMITATIONS: Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or non-delivered entries, email or text messages; or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Web site, telephone, or cell phone text messaging availability or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software or text message malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry, or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Sweepstakes, as solely determined by Sponsor/Administrator, will be disqualified. (But, disqualification shall not represent the sole remedy available to Sponsor/Administrator.) Releasees are not responsible for injury or damage to Participants' or to any other person's computer or cellular phone related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading or receiving materials from or use of the cellular phone or Web site. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes, and select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted at http://www.chooseasoberrride.com. Releasees are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; and assume no responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized use of any web site.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant entering via the methods set forth above, the authorized account holder of the cellular phone number or email address used to enter (as applicable) will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with the Official Rules. “Authorized Account Holder” of a cellular phone is the natural person to whom the cell phone number is assigned by the cellular wireless phone provider, and the Authorized Account Holder of an email address will be deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses of the domain associated with the submitted email address.
7. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the prize winners, mail a self-addressed first class stamped envelope to: TXDOT NYC Sweepstakes Winner Name, c/o Katz Radio Group (att: KMN), 125 West 55 Street, New York, NY 10019 for receipt by December 30, 2013. For a copy of the Official Rules, mail a self-addressed first class stamped envelope to the above address and print “Official Rules” on the outer envelope for receipt by December 30, 2013.
8. SPONSOR: Texas Department of Transportation, 125 East 11th Street, Austin, TX 78701
9. ADMINISTRATOR: Katz Communications, Inc. 125 West 55th Street, New York, NY 10019
|Tues, Dec 3||Brownwood|
|Wed, Dec 4||Odessa/Midland|
|Thurs, Dec 5||San Angelo|
|Fri, Dec 6||Amarillo|
|Sat, Dec 7||Childress/Quanah|
|Sun, Dec 8||Wichita Falls|
|Tues, Dec 10||Austin|
|Wed, Dec 11||Waco|
|Thurs, Dec 12||Paris|
|Fri, Dec 13||Tyler|
|Sat, Dec 14||Atlanta|
|Mon, Dec 16||Yoakum|
|Thurs, Dec 19||Pharr|
|Fri, Dec 20||Laredo|
|Sat, Dec 21||San Antonio|